December 8, 2009

Vegas Wknd, George Strait - February 2008

I am a HUGE George Strait fan. So serious that I 


am a member of his fan club, I have every CD ever 


recorded (which is over 30 if anyone was 


wondering) and I go to see him in concert once 


(sometimes twice) a year. Being a member of the 


fan club allows me to get tickets a day before the 


public. So, we usually are within the first few rows 


off the floor.


George Strait started playing in Las Vegas on Super Bowl weekend a few years ago.  We try to go every year, but in 2007 we skipped Vegas and decided to see George at Stagecoach in Indio, Ca.  I decided I really look forward to the tradition of going to Vegas on Super Bowl weekend for the concert.

This year, his newcomer opener was Sarah Johns.  We had never heard of her before, but she did a good job.  The second opener was Josh Turner.  I really like his voice!  We had great seats, I’m a member of George Strait’s fan club, so I get first pick at seats.  Our seats were close to where the performers walk in to get to the stage.


We have been to Vegas several times and Superbowl weekend 


tends to be busier and more expensive.  We usually decide to 


stay one night because of these reasons.

Every year, we try to stay and eat somewhere different.  This 


year, we decided to stay at The Venetian and eat at Emerils 


inside MGM Grand.  This trip to Vegas was one of the best I've 


had in a while.



LODGING:

The Venetian (TA Review)- We had reserved an off-strip hotel to save some money, but then I got a great rate at The Venetian 2 days before our trip. 





This is one of my favorite hotels that we've stayed in in Vegas.  The rooms are nice and the service throughout the hotel rocks!









RESTAURANT:

Emerils’ New Orleans Fish House - We usually eat in the MGM Grand before the concert, because that's where the concert is held.  We were a little late (15 minutes) for our 5:30 reservation, but we still had a table when we arrived. The wait for those without reservations was an hour and a half!

We sat and were immediately greeted by a server who took our drink order. Our actual server came by and explained a few options on the menu to us. He said that although he doesn't like salmon, the BBQ salmon was really good. Mike ended up ordering the salmon and I went for the Ahi Tuna. We also ordered BBQ shrimp for an appetizer.

The food was delicious. I don't like salmon either, but after sampling Mike's dish, I wished I had ordered it. We agreed it was the best salmon we'd ever tasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...